2404 S.E. River Rd.
Lake Milton, Ohio 44429
In Loving Memory
These family members enjoyed a close connection to Lakeside Golf Course.
bring a smile.
John & Mary Gura
(Pap & Grandma)
Lakeside Golf Course has been operated by family members for more than 50 years. The late John and Mary Gura purchased the 9-hole course in 1957. They owned Lakeside for 15 years.
John was passionate about golf and spent countless hours teaching his 12 grandchildren how to golf, as well as numerous Lakeside customers. Mary managed the pro shop and bar, enjoyed those grandchildren, and loved a good cup of coffee with a donut.
Allen E. Blazek
In 1972, one of the Guras’ daughters, Joan Blazek, and her, husband Allen Blazek purchased the course. Allen, who passed away in 2013, led efforts with building the back 9-hole course in 1975, expanding the club house, and adding the outdoor patio and a pavilion.
Allen enjoyed watching his grandchildren run around the golf course, having a cold beer and hot dog, and watching the sunset. Allen, a patriotic and sentimental man, was the mastermind behind the big flag that greets everyone arriving at Lakeside.
Jason, the grandson of John and Mary and son of their oldest daughter, the late Roselyn Mudrinich, loved traveling with his family from California to Lakeside for summer vacations. In 2019, we lost Jason much too early in life.
Jason's favorite hole was #1. He loved showing off by hitting a long drive over the hill. We planted a tree in Jason's honor near #1 tee. We'll always remember Jason's infectious smile and fun sense of humor.